COVID-19 Testing & Information
What types of COVID-19 testing does LevelUp Urgent Care offer?
- PCR Testing – Detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The test can be done in a clinic, hospital, or even in your car. Turnaround time is longer than Rapid Antigen Testing.
- Rapid Antigen Testing – Detects highly specific proteins related to COVID-19, but less sensitive than molecular tests. Authorized for use In-clinic and is typically used for known exposure to COVID-19.
- Anti-Body Testing – Determines if an individual has had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. COVID-19 antibody tests can help identify people who may have been infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus or have recovered from a COVID-19 infection.
How long does it take to get my results and how will I receive them?
- PCR Testing – It takes 24-72 hours to get the results of a COVID-19 swab test. Please follow the instructions sent directly from the online portal and sign into the online portal to review your results.
- Rapid Antigen Testing – It takes 15 minutes to get the results and is done using a nasal swab. You will receive a email message from LevelUp MD Urgent Care once your results are in and processed.
- Anti-Body Testing – It can take 1–3 days to get the results of an antibody test. Since the COVID-19 antibody test is a serologic test, you’ll need to have blood drawn.
How much does a COVID-19 evaluation and test cost at LevelUp MD Urgent Care?
- For Those Using Insurance
When you visit LevelUp MD Urgent Care for COVID-19 testing and related care, we will bill your insurance for the visit and testing. Many health insurance plans are covering COVID-19 testing and related services without imposing any cost-sharing requirements (such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance) on the insured. If you have questions or concerns about your specific insurance plan, it is always a good idea to check with your insurance company to learn more.
- For Those with Out of Network Insurance
If your insurance is Out of Network, LevelUp Urgent Care will file your claim as a courtesy. You will only be billed for uncovered costs.
- For Those Not Using Insurance
Affordable self-pay rates are available for those who are uninsured or those who do not wish to file an insurance claim. For more information, please call your nearest LevelUp MD location.
Are return-to-work COVID-19 tests available at LevelUp MD Urgent Care for employees?
- LevelUp MD Urgent Care is offering return-to-work COVID-19 testing for employers’ workforces to help determine if employees meet criteria for returning to work as in accordance with guidance from the CDC and other public health authorities.
Does LevelUp MD Urgent Care provide COVID-19 Rapid Antigen testing for travel, surgery, school and sports requirements?
- LevelUp MD Urgent Care offers rapid antigen COVID-19 testing for travel, surgery, school and sports. In order to ensure you receive the highest-quality care and treatment, all individuals seeking COVID-19 related care at LevelUp MD Urgent Care will receive an evaluation by a health care professional. This includes those who are seeking testing for various activity requirements.
- If your test is for travel, please verify with your destination of travel which test(s) are accepted for your travel itinerary. Every country and state has different requirements.
How can I prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Wear a face mask.
- Social distance – maintain 6 feet distance.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.